Head of Software Development – Guildford - £75K / £80K Max Salary – PHP, MySQL, Laravel, AWS
Reporting the Managing Director of this company, the Head of Software Development will be leading the software team in all aspects of the technical development and architecture.
My client is looking for someone with a strong technical skill set and proven team leadership skills. The technical skills they require would be within the PHP & opensource tech stack, with great MySQL Database skills. They have a range of products which includes legacy platforms and new modern systems with Laravel & AWS, so you MUST have an experienced past with PHP.
It is important to note that these are not basic websites, these are complex, large scale applications. If you’re seeking a challenging & technically rewarding role, this is it.
My client’s products are used to ultimately protect against terrorism.
Head of Software Development Responsibilities:
- Technical leadership, direction and implementation of Best of Breed solutions
- New solution innovation and requirements capture
- Big picture view of the application architecture and platform
- Technical point of reference for all external projects
- Technical specification, documentation, and estimation
- Team professional development, growth, and expansion of skills (Providing Mentorship of best practices)
- Software delivery and software quality
- Ensuring ongoing performance and stability
The ideal profile for the Head of Software Development:
- A highly skilled and experienced PHP developer. Someone who has ‘seen it all’
- A technologist at heart – keeps up with technology industry trends and developments.
- A champion of best practice, and innovation
- A “can do – make it happen” attitude who can work under tight deadlines
- Good team development and mentoring skills. Someone who enjoys running technical teams and has done so in the past
- A highly-experienced facilitator – able to run technical workshops
- Excellent documentation skills both diagrammatic and written.
- A determined and output-orientated person who aspires to a Board appointment based on demonstrating absolute mastery in the Head of Software Development post.
If this sounds of interest or you’d like to find out more, please apply with your latest CV & I will be in touch ASAP