SALARY- £45,000-£55,000 per annum
We are looking for a Health & Safety Manager on a permanent basis in the Devon area with experience of ensuring that health & safety meet legislations best practice, compliance and ongoing improvement.
The Health & Safety Manager will ideally have the following attributes:
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental management systems
- ISO45001 deployment, certification and compliance
- NEBOSH/IOSH qualification desirable
- Chair & lead Health and Safety committee
- Good interpersonal skills and passionate about H&S
- Ability to build relationships and influence people at all levels
- Great problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills, ability to engage others effectively and drive change across all levels
- Pragmatic and practical; can develop process and standards as well as manage a team
- Works with leaders to identify HSE priorities and programs for the area managed, including performance metrics, communication, and change management.
- Advise on a range of specialist areas from fire regulations, noise regulations, hazardous substances, and safeguard machinery
- Organise and attend safety committee meetings
- Carry out manual handling assessments, risk assessments and consider how risks can be reduced
- To be responsible for all security arrangements
- Leads / manages HSE programs, compliance and results for a smaller business, facility or geography.
- Gives feedback with regards to changes needed for local compliance, communication or business relevance.
- Keeps informed on all existing and proposed changes in occupational health and safety regulations and ensures compliance in areas managed.
- Review metrics, trends and actions with Leadership team supported
- Carry out and provide assistance to management in the investigation of incidents, hazards or occupational ill health, as appropriate to business needs and commensurate with potential outcome
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV to find out more, along with your availability and your salary expectation.