Job title: Industrial Bio-Chemist
Location: Northamptonshire, commutable from Bedford, Corby, Huntingdon, Kettering, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Peterborough.
Job type: Permanent
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client who are a leading innovative manufacturer of process equipment within the Energy sector based in Northamptonshire. Due to company expansion, my client is seeking an Industrial Bio-Chemist on a permanent basis.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an Industrial Bio-Chemist to work within our processing and treatment plant facilities with a key focus on Anaerobic Digestion. The qualified bio-chemist will be responsible for looking after the plant biology and day to day running of the Anaerobic Digestion Plant.
- To work effectively as part of a dedicated operational team across the entire plant.
- Optimise the biology to increase the rate of biogas production whilst promoting and maintaining ideal digester conditions from a broad range of feedstocks.
- Ensuring quality controls are met for optimum plant efficiency.
- Daily site sampling, testing, record keeping and reports.
- Support the operational overview and control of the Anaerobic Digestion plant in accordance with the Site.
- To work closely with supporting management, operators and the business development team; performing tests on a range of materials to ensure that they meet the needs of plant operations, maintenance and development.
- Taking a pro-active approach to the resolution of process issues.
- Compliance with specific Health and Safety policies and Codes of Practice, including the development and implementation of Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work and Standard Operational Procedures.
Experience required for this role
- Degree qualified with a minimum of a 2:1 relevant to the industry with a strong biological background.
- Post graduate experience within an industrial environment would be beneficial.
- Previous lab experience is vital to this position, as the role requires arranging and performing critical laboratory tests for the Anaerobic Digestion plant and other processes.
- Knowledge of testing protocols and being able to work to safety standards is essential.
- Previous experience in water chemistry or a related field would also be an advantage.
- Be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
Sound interesting? Please Contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for more information and apply!