Premier Group are currently engaged with a large established client in the Worcester area, who require an IT Help Desk Supervisor to provide efficient and effective technical assistance on a variety of systems as part of a small IT support team.
The right IT Help Desk Supervisor must have experience of working in a WAN and domain environment and have advanced networking skills, communicating effectively to understand issues and explain solutions. They must be user-orientated and patient to deal with colleagues who have little IT knowledge.
IT Help Desk Supervisor – Responsibilities
- Ensure all help desk tickets are assigned and resolved efficiently and effectively while providing daily reports.
- Serve as first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance via the Freshservice help desk system.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions, with the assistance of our IT partners.
- Accurately and actively maintain asset and licence registers, Active Directory and Exchange.
- Install and maintain networking hardware, PCs, WAPs (Ruckus), printers, barcode scanners and phones.
- Install and maintain client software such as anti-virus, Sage and MS Office; utilising WSUS for updates.
IT Help Desk Supervisor – Technical Requirements
- A minimum of three years’ MS Windows experience in an IT Help Desk Team Supervisor role or similar.
- Advanced networking skills.
- Experience administering Windows Server 2012/16/19 in vCenter, including Exchange.
- SQL Server and T-SQL experience preferred.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Manage and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer-oriented with a friendly personality.
- Access to a car is essential as travel between sites will occasionally be required.
- Must be willing to work in a shift-based team with hours of 07:00-22:00 Monday to Saturday
If you are an experienced IT Help Desk Supervisor looking for a new and exciting role then please get in touch with Sam Hayward at Premier Group (Birmingham Office)
Not for you? Premier Group offer a referral reward of up to £500 if you can recommend a friend who we successfully place in these roles.