Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 DOE
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Junior Application Software Support Engineer to join a leading organisation based in Tamworth.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a graduate or trainee looking to kick start your career in IT.
Responsibilities: Junior Application Software Support Engineer
- Resolving issues for customers.
- Provide a 1st line support.
- Provide support to customers concerning the configuration and operation of products.
- Maintenance of good working relationships with customers.
- Record and maintain accurate support tickets.
- Proactively manage outstanding support tickets.
- Assist with testing of new software releases.
- Provision of support to customers to standards & operational guidelines as required by the Support Manager.
- Identification and replication of software problems and where appropriate, the provision of an interim solution to the problem
- Organisation, preparation and dispatch of products and the associated documentation to customers.
- Identification and replication of software problems and where appropriate, provide an interim solution to the problem.
- Setup and maintenance of remote customer support facilities.
- Maintenance and update of customer problems following a software release.
- Maintain and improve knowledge of software.
- Reporting of progress of ongoing activities to the Support Manager.
- Communication of known faults and their work around to other members of the Support & Implementation team.
- The adherence where applicable to customer’s procedures and practices.
- Maintenance of the content of the Customer Services Website including communications to customers.
- Recommendation to the Support Manager of improvements to the support operation.
- A Graduate or Trainee.
- Commercial telephone customer service experience.
- A knowledge or interested in technology.
- Experience of supporting software is an advantage.
If you looking to secure a new fantastic opportunity in IT then please do get in touch with Jenny Collin at Premier Technology (Birmingham Branch)