Location: Fully Remote – East Midlands
Salary - £20-25K
Premier Group have a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Application Support Engineer to join a leading organisation based in the East Midlands
This is a fantastic opportunity for the chosen Junior Application Support Engineer to develop into an Application Support Engineer Role. This role will report into the Product Support Manager as part of the Operations Team. My client is looking for someone with a can-do attitude, aptitude for problem solving and a passion for technology. There is room for personal development progression.
The client is offering to develop the successful candidate in the following areas:
- Training in a wide array of technical environments, including SQL Server, Web Application Management, ETL, Data Warehouse Management etc
- Application support and debugging
- Basic SQL skills.
Junior Application Support Engineer – Key Responsibilities
- Resolve issues for customers.
- Provide support to customers concerning the configuration and operation of the illumin8HR product.
- Maintenance of good working relationships with customers.
- Record and maintain accurate support tickets within clients SLA’s.
- Assist with testing of new software releases.
- Identification and replication of software problems and where appropriate, the provision of a workaround.
- Maintain and improve knowledge base of software.
- Report progress of ongoing activities to line manager.
- Communication of known faults and their work around to other members of the development & support team.
- Recommendation to the Support Manager of improvements to the support operation
- Aptitude for problem solving.
- An enthusiasm and passion for technology.
- Good communicator
- Good team worker.
If you are looking for a new challenge as a Junior Application Support Engineer with experience within SQL and an interest in developing your career, then please get in touch with Sam Hayward at Premier Group (Birmingham office)