LOCATION – London
TERM - Permanent
SALARY – £55,000 - £70,000
My client – an innovative Manufacturer and supplier of equipment and machinery to the process sector are on the lookout for an experienced Control Systems Engineer to join their team on a Permanent basis in London.
The ideal candidate will have experience programming of PLC and SCADA systems from the ground up; through to FAT / SAT and customer handover.
Those with experience in Oil & Gas, Water or Chemical Manufacturing industries will be of particular interest.
The Lead Control Systems Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- A degree level education or alternate qualification equivalent in Electrical or Control Systems Engineering (BEng, BSc, HND, NVQ etc).
- 5+ Years’ experience within delivery of Automation Projects.
- Experience in Programming PLCs for Control Systems using Siemens S7 and TIA Portal (ideally to Structured Text level).
- Instrumentation and Process Equipment knowledge.
- Excellent FAT background, proven experience throughout a full Project Lifecycle from Design through to Commissioning.
- Ability to step into a Lead based role in the absence of the Department Manager.
- Excellent communication skills.
The Lead Control Systems Engineer’s duties will involve:
- Programming PLC and SCADA Systems for Processing Plant.
- Leading the full design process from concept through to commission.
- Full System Architecture Design of the facility, including working with Control Systems (PLC and SCADA) Networking Communication (Profibus, Profinet)
- Functional Design Specifications, including full Electrical requirement and Control Network.
- Acting as a Lead Member of a close knit team.
- Managing third party contractors and effectively communicating changes.
If you are interested in this Lead Control Systems position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.