Salary: £45-55k (DOE) + Benefits
Premier Group have a fantastic opportunity for a Lead IT Engineer to join a leading organisation based in Staffordshire.
The chosen Lead IT Engineer will be involved in all aspects of the systems development lifecycle: specification, design, development, testing, installation, and commissioning. This can range from configuring multiple instances of existing solutions to developing new solutions for clients from a list of basic requirements. This will include database configuration, coding, application engineering, hardware interface, system testing and commissioning.
Lead IT Engineer - Technical Skills:
- Expert in Microsoft Windows Server 2012 environments and administration
- Expert in Microsoft Windows Desktop platform specialist (Specifically Windows 10)
- Microsoft Active Directory lead architect, capable of designing and implementing complex and secure domain infrastructures
- Microsoft Group Policy lead architect, with an understanding of Baseline policies and secure best practices for industrial environments
- VMWare ESXi secure and redundant environments, clustering and management
- HP Blade server technologies with FlexNet management
- Network architecture design principles, documentation and implementation
- Use of Data-Diode technology within an isolated secure network environment
- Understanding and knowledge in the use of Sheep-dip technology and policies
- Complete understanding of Security Appliance rules & configuration
- Host and Network based Firewall configuration for high security environments
- Understanding of routing/static routing
- Knowledge of VLAN operation and configuration
- SIEM configuration and reporting for high security environments
- Intrusion Detection & Prevention technologies
- Minimal Access Security configuration of domains, network and applications
- Host hardening to the strongest practicable restrictions
- Patching methodologies for offline systems
- Encryption of hosts and media protecting data
- Data Loss/Leakage Prevention
- Data Backup methodologies of virtualisation and internal system critical information - Veeam, ArcServe, Database backups etc.
- System vulnerability assessments using relevant third-party assessment tools - Microsoft Baseline Security Analyser, Nessus etc.
Personal Qualities for Lead IT Engineer
- Be able to lead teams and develop staff to meet changing technical and managerial needs, including agreeing objectives and work plans with teams and individuals, identifying team and individual needs and plan for individuals’ development.
- Ensure that variations from quality standards, programme and budgets are identified
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Have excellent communication skills
- Will hold Chartered or Incorporated Engineering status
- Be flexible in their methods of working
- Ability to lead large and complex projects
- Must be cleared to at least SC
If you are an experienced Lead IT Engineer looking for a new and exciting role then please get in touch with Sam Hayward at Premier Group (Birmingham office)