Job Type: Permanent
Salary: DOE plus bonus & overtime available weekly
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a world leader in Automotive Performance Technology based in Northampton. Due to an increase in demand and orders an additional role has become available for a Machine Assembly/Build Technician to join a great business on a permanent basis.
- Hours of work - 40 hours / week (08:00am to 16:30pm) Lunch break of 30 mins at 12:30pm. Two paid breaks: 10:00am to 10:15am & 15:00 to 15:10.
- Bonus scheme - £10 / week clock in bonus (if you clock in 5 minutes before your clock-in time)
- Holiday entitlement - Starts at 23 days / annum plus Bank Holiday. 1 extra day will be added per year to a maximum of 26 days
- Other company benefits - Contributory Company pension scheme after completion of 6 months probationary period
- Assembling components
- Reading instructions
- Adhering to Health & Safety practices
- Soldering experience
- Attention to detail
- Assembly and sub-assembly of kits and machinery components, ensuring the products are assembled to meet the highest quality standards and delivery timescales.
- Undertake cosmetic and functional quality checks and identify improvement opportunities
- Building & programming computers to correct specification
- Working from electrical diagrams
- Building and fixing wiring looms
- Pneumatic and hydraulic assemblies
- Basic Engineering Experience
- Previous experience of working in a production or automotive assembly environment and knowledge of industrial machinery would be an advantage but not essential
- Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical fitting and installation
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and work instructions
- Must have proven experience in hand/bench fitting
- Previous experience working with hand tools and power tools
- Manual dexterity, able to lift and carry objects and other physical aspects.
- Familiar with Microsoft PC based software (Word, Excel, Outlook etc)