Job Type: Permanent
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Salary: Circa £35K
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a leading well-established Chemical Manufacturer based in Birmingham. Due to an increase in business, new projects and team growth a new role has become available for a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor to join the successful business on a permanent basis.
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled Mechanical Engineering team within a lower tier COMAH facility. The successful candidate will be an experienced, qualified Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor. You will need to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with a range of departments to ensure that daily goals are achieved.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience listed below:-
- The supervision of a mechanical maintenance team involving preventative and reactive maintenance work in an industrial production orientated environment.
- The experience of dealing with various types of mechanical equipment in an industrial environment. E.g. gearboxes, pumps, mechanical seals, pipework etc.
- The use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems and other standard computer software.
- The ability to mentor and train staff when/where required.
- The ability to use and interpret equipment drawings, manuals and other technical information to assist with all works.
- Work in accordance with the company safe systems of work and permit to work systems.
- You will need to have a recognised mechanical apprenticeship and educated to ONC or City and Guilds level 3 (RQF level 3) in Mechanical Fitting/Engineering as a minimum.
- You should have a minimum of three years of supervisory experience in an industrial mechanical maintenance environment.
25 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays), a 38 hour working week, 8am to 4pm Mon to Fri, paid sick scheme, free life assurance and access to a stakeholder pension scheme.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!