SALARY- £40,000-£50,000 dependent on experience
My client is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their business on a permanent basis in the Hampshire area. They must ensure all products are manufactured efficiently and consistently to meet their specifications and the business needs. The ideal candidate would preferably be from Electronics/ Electro-mechanical background
The Manufacturing Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience in Production Engineering, Electronics or mechanical field
- Have 5 years experience working as a Manufacturing/ Production Engineer within product development in a similar environment
- Lean six sigma Green belt would be beneficial
- Be able to read engineering drawings
- Have experience of using 2D/3D CAD ideally
- Proactive hands on problem solver
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Be able to work well individually as well as part of a team
- Highly motivated with strong personal drive and enthusiasm to overcome manufacturing challenges
- Working on both existing and new R&D projects
- Experience with NPI and new technologies
- Economically improve the manufacturing efficiency and efficacy through development of production processes, business systems, and recommendations for product changes
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements.
- Developing jigs and fixtures and tooling for product manufacture and R&D testing
- Provide training on new and modified processes
- Keep abreast of relevant industry advances and champion their introduction
- Create and maintain controlled documentation such as Process flows, tool drawings, component specs, BOMs and work instructions
- Lead and participate in cross-departmental brainstorming sessions and meetings to ensure collaboration and cohesion.
- Collect, analyse, summarise and present production and process data, information and trends to management.
- Encourage & support continuous improvement efforts throughout the organisation.
- Liaising with other members in the engineering department, suppliers, customers and also external bodies