SALARY- £35,000-£45,000 dependent on experience
My client is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their business on a permanent basis in the Somerset area. They must ensure all products are manufactured efficiently and consistently to meet their specifications and the business needs. The ideal candidate would preferably be from Electronics/ Electro-mechanical background
The Manufacturing Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience in Production Engineering, Electronics or mechanical field
- Have 5 years experience working as a Manufacturing/ Production Engineer within product development in a similar environment
- Lean six sigma Green belt would be beneficial
- Be able to read engineering drawings
- Have experience of using 2D/3D CAD ideally
- Proactive hands on problem solver
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Be able to work well individually as well as part of a team
- Highly motivated with strong personal drive and enthusiasm to overcome manufacturing challenges
- Familiar with EDM machining, lapping, polishing and plating processes is an advantage
- Economically improve the manufacturing efficiency and efficacy through development of production processes, business systems, and recommendations for product changes
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements.
- Developing jigs and fixtures and tooling for product manufacture and R&D testing
- Plans component production steps to achieve optimal results and compliant products. Validating production BoMs / Routings and Work Instruction Sheets.
- Keep abreast of relevant industry advances and champion their introduction
- Lead and participate in cross-departmental brainstorming sessions and meetings to ensure collaboration and cohesion.
- Collect, analyse, summarise and present production and process data, information and trends to management.
- Encourage & support continuous improvement efforts throughout the organisation.
- Liaising with other members in the engineering department, suppliers, customers and also external bodies
- Responsible for considering Health & Safety risks associated within their process area.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.