LOCATION – Dunstable
TERM - Permanent
SALARY – £30,000 - £35,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
We are looking for a Manufacturing / Production Engineer on a permanent basis in Luton with experience in electronics manufacturing. This will be for an electronics manufacturing company with your main duties to improve and maintain Production Process flow.
The Manufacturing / Production Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- Qualified in a relevant Engineering / Manufacturing Degree with 1 or more years’ experience in relevant manufacturing / production engineering position or time served apprenticeship in a relevant field.
- Working experience of a Production / Manufacturing position previously.
- Knowledge of various electronic manufacturing processes
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma.
- Good experience of a manufacturing environment.
- Can communicate with other members of staff and management.
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience of using Microsoft products e.g. Excel, word.
- Ability to work independently as well as team.
- Exposure to SMT manufacturing processes – Extremely desirable.
- Planning tooling and manufacturing methods to ensure smooth production process flow.
- Train staff on introduced or updated processes.
- Identify critical path issues and address to improve process flow.
- Minimise / reduce product waste.
- Participate in continuous improvement programmes throughout production department.