SALARY- £35,000-£45,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
We are looking for a Development Engineer on a permanent basis in the Dorset area to optimise material performance through chemical development for a wide range of composite and polymer products and processes
The Development Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- Relevant Degree qualification in Chemistry field
- Specific chemistry experience of composite & polymer materials and processing
- Self-motivated individual
- Right first time approach
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Strong problem-solving ability applied through a practical approach
- Continuous Improvement, zero defect and customer focused mind-set
- Undertake development planning and undertake/support material testing in accordance with company standards.
- Develop the most cost effective and efficient material solutions that satisfy design to cost and also design for manufacture best practice.
- Specify material requirements, define suitable methods of manufacture and identify and implement tooling and equipment required to fulfil development and production tasks.
- Creation of test specifications and manufacture of composite and polymer test samples.
- Support design and customer reviews and other meetings as required.
- Support Production and Quality Assurance in resolving production challenges and provide solution to ensure conformance.
- Utilise Lean Principles to improve the product, process flow, build cycle and waste reduction.
- Train employees on process, applications, and manufacturing specification data where required.