Salary: £50,000 - £55,000
Benefits Package: 20 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays), Company Profit Share, Shares in the business and opportunity to buy more shares, salary protection, relocation package
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a leading Manufacturer in the biopharmaceutical industry. Our client is based near ‘Cardiganshire’. Due to continuous business growth an opportunity has become available for a Manufacturing Leader to join the business excellence and manufacturing engineering department.
You will be responsible for the Manufacturing function. You will develop the manufacturing team and processes to produce world class instrumentation in line with the company Guiding Purpose, Ethos & Values.
You will be part of the Leadership Team and work collaboratively with all other departments as required.
You will report to the Managing Director, and has Manufacturing Supervisors and Manufacturing Systems Engineer as direct reports
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Manufacturing Team, including logistics and stores, setting departmental objectives.
- Acts as the Manufacturing spokes person and department’s representative.
- Build a 1-5 year departmental strategy.
- Researching new manufacturing techniques.
- Strategically plan the manufacturing of products.
- Works collaboratively with the Sales department to deliver on orders and plan in line with the sales forecast.
- Works collaboratively with Process Engineering to introduce new products seamlessly.
- Maintain training of all staff ensuring that training records are maintained.
- Build and oversee supplier relationships and stock management.
- Department sign off responsibilities (documentation, training, budgets, etc).
- Overall accountability of Cleanroom.
- Complete responsibility for departmental health and safety requirements.
- Overall responsibility for Manufacturing buildings.
- Facilitate Audits Internal/external.
- Oversee onboarding training of new employees.
- People management (including team development, training, coaching, mediation and disciplinary procedures).
- Drives innovation whilst maintaining standards without compromising quality
- Builds up to date industry knowledge through site visits and networking exhibitions.
- Organise departmental celebrations - departmental achievements and recognition
Essential knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Employee Owned Culture.
- Agent for change.
- People management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and people development.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Effective communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with others in a collaborative manner.
- The ability to prioritise work for self and others, delegating accordingly.
- Able to embrace new technologies.
- Advocate for cross functional teams.
- Knowledge and experience of using MRP systems.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in a range of Windows based PC applications (e.g. Gmail MS Word, Excel).
If you could be interested in the role as a Manufacturing Leader please apply with your latest CV and call Jeremy at Premier Engineering on 0121 796 1888 for further information.