My client is looking for a Manufacturing Manager to join their business on a permanent basis in the Somerset area. The candidate will be able to lead, manage and develop the Production team representing the company at a tactical and strategic management level.
The Manufacturing Manager will ideally have the following attributes:
- Degree qualified in Engineering or Science field, HNC or HND and above
- Successful track record of leading people & motivating people in a Manufacturing environment
- Lean manufacturing/ Lean six sigma experience hugely beneficial
- Engineering, Operations and Process Implementation experience
- Has strong internal and external stakeholder management skills
- A proactive, self starter who is consultative and adaptable
- Confident user or all MS packages, ERP and CAD/CAM packages
- Plan and organise the overall performance of manufacturing operations, including safety, quality, delivery and cost to meet the agreed targets. Review and adjust the schedule where needed in order to achieve on time delivery.
- Manages capacity planning to facilitate staff scheduling and material requirements needed to meet production and financial objectives.
- Provide daily metrics indicating likely flash points and providing recovery plan to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Responsible for liaising with Supply Chain and to ensure that production targets and sales forecasts are achievable.
- Streamlines production processes and plans manpower to ensure that utilisation of machinery and equipment runs consistently at >80%.
- Responsible for minimising wastage and scrap material by not least ensuring that all Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Implement lean manufacturing, and other appropriate methods, to drive on-time delivery, shortened lead times, and improved quality.
- In conjunction with Supply Chain ensure that appropriate levels of WIP and stock are maintained to meet targets and avoid over/under stocking and minimise waste of materials.
- Responsible for continually evaluating best cost effective practices and methods of working within the production departments to ensure improvements in productivity.
- Ensures the coaching and development of production employees to include training procedures for all operations/personnel, including maintenance of the skills and capabilities matrix.