Salary: £20,543 - £25,000
Benefits Package: 20 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays), Company Profit Share, Shares in the business and opportunity to buy more shares, payment protection and more
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a leading Manufacturer in the biopharmaceutical industry. Our client is based near ‘Cardiganshire’. Due to continuous business growth an opportunity has become available for a Manufacturing Technician to join the business excellence and manufacturing engineering department.
You will be involved in the manufacturing and testing of a range of products to a high quality standard in line with Company procedures and documentation. You will be a member of the Manufacturing Department and report to the Manufacturing Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembly and testing of our instrumentation and ancillary equipment; to include calibrations, pre-testing, temperature cycling, final testing, electrical safety, EMC, and PAT testing.
- Assembly of small PCBs with surface mount soldering work.
- Precision machining; to include the use of lathes, mills, laser engravers, and welders, and other workshop equipment as required.
- Producing build documentation for batch recording of parts and components, and the selection of individual parts to maintain quality.
- Programming various devices including PLCs, EPROMs, and flash cards from firmware masters
Essential knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- An understanding of electronic principles
- Attention to detail, good hand to eye co-ordination and manual dexterity
- Computer literacy and proficiency in a range of Windows based PC applications (e.g. MS Word, Excel, Access)
- Familiarity with test equipment such as multi-meters and oscilloscopes
- Knowledge of and the ability to use lathes, mills and other workshop equipment to very high quality standards (or the ability to train quickly in their use).
- Surface mount soldering experience
- Experience within the industry
If you could be interested in the role as a Manufacturing Technician, please apply with your latest CV and call Jeremy at Premier Engineering on 0121 796 1888 for further information