Job Title: Market Data Analyst
Industry: Financial Services
Job Type: Contract
Length of Contract: 6 Months (Likely to be extended)
Day Rate: £400 - £450 (Inside IR35)
Are you passionate about building products and data analytics / models that can deliver tangible business benefit? Do you always see solutions and not problems?
My client is a leading financial services provider looking for an experienced Data Analyst to start work on a new project. The successful Analyst will be establishing data accuracy and business data validation coming from multiple sources and analysing data issues and gaps by performing RCA (Root Cause Analysis) , fixing such issues that are causing unexpected spikes in the calculated/modelled values. Looking for someone with strong experience in SQL, Excel, R and Python.
- Extensive SQL experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Stakeholder management - Monthly reviews with each business unit to review the data provided and agree a remediation plan and actions
- Experience of using data to predict trends in the customer base and customer population
- Financial services experience and knowledge of stock/capital market processes
- Knowledge of statistics, mathematics and other data science tools would be beneficial, although not essential
- Experience with statistical languages desirable e.g. R, Python, SQL
- Comfortable translating ambiguous problems into testable hypotheses
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please send through your up to date CV and expected daily rate.
Equally, if there is anyone you know who would be a suitable fit, we at Premier have a competitive referral scheme of up to £500 for all successful candidates placed.
Please contact D’Arcy Long on email@example.com