Duration: 3 Month – Temp to Perm
Rate: £28-£32p/h – Up to 40k Salary
Premier have partnered with a key client specialising in the design of home security systems who are seeking a Mechanical Application Engineer to join their quickly growing engineering team and deliver new strategic product developments whilst working alongside the design engineering team.
Key Responsibilities of the Mechanical Application Engineer:
- Joining an evolving engineering team you will report to the Head of Engineering and be working in a dynamic, global and multi-project environment.
- You will be responsible for the technical delivery of new strategic product developments whilst working alongside the design engineering team.
- You will work on technical customer requests and projects which the business has decided to commit to when they arise.
- Ensuring the specific key product characteristics and technical specification of the product are correctly defined with the teams from the start of product developments
- Working through engineering design problems from first principles for optimal design and FMEA checks ensuring quality/technical standards are being met.
- Working with international manufacturing and launch teams to ensure tooling designs are appropriate for the product and its projected volume plans
- You will be a contributor to the continuous improvement and development of engineering processes, applying lessons learned and ensuring lean project delivery.
- Be comfortable with fast paced change management scenarios, custom product development project setups and flexible scoping of work.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in product development engineering for intended production
- Strong 2D&3D Solidworks CAD skills
- Experienced with Mechanical Product & Component Design
- Comfortable designing & developing new products off of a given design brief through to manufacture, then running feasibility checks prior to concept development