Duration: 6 Months
Outside IR35 - On site working
Premier Engineering have partnered with a key client specialising in the design, manufacture and implementation of bespoke materials handling, weighing and automation solutions. Who, due to being in a significant growth period, are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the design team on an initial 6 month contract to aid with the increasing workload.
The successful mechanical design engineer will have a high level understanding of Special Purpose Machinery design and experience working on bespoke designs to customer specifications and project deadlines.
Responsibilities of the Design Engineer:
- Working on bespoke solutions from initial enquiry, through to manufacture.
- Create detailed drawings and designs using Inventor
- Machine & support structure design
- Plant layout design
- Production of manufacture detail drawings
- Being hands on during the introduction of current and new products in manufacture
- Review Designs and communicate findings both internally and externally
The qualities of the Design Engineer;
- Proficient using Inventor (4+ years)
- Preferred knowledge of materials handling equipment design
- Knowledge of fabrication techniques & processes
- Knowledge of pneumatics, industrial valves, motors & gearboxes
- Experience working through full product lifecycle
- Competence in problem solving, planning and decision making.
If you are a mechanical design engineer looking for your next opportunity please reply with the latest version of your CV!