Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire
Salary: £30,000 - £39,500
Industry: Rotating Special Purpose Machinery
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client with a worldwide reputation of innovative solutions for power transmission measurement and test bed systems. Due to an increase in projects and new customers they are recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer on a permanent employment basis. Innovative projects are delivered to high calibre customer within highly regulated industries such as; Aerospace, Automotive, Energy, Oil & Gas.
A Design Engineer studies, researches, and develops ideas for new products and the methods used to make them. Working on a wide range of bespoke rotating machinery, couplings and test beds that must be functional and reliable, easy, and safe to use, whilst ensuring the design is as cost effective and efficient as possible, including modifying existing products or processes to increase efficiency or improve performance.
- Producing General Arrangement, Assembly and detailed manufacturing drawings and B.O.M.s on time, and to cost, in accordance with schedules and planning, and ensuring that designs are suitable for manufacture
- Change Management and Revision Control of Engineering Documents
- Checking and Releasing of Drawings
- Brainstorming design solutions
- Conducting and documenting formal design reviews
Applicants must have:
- A 2.1 degree or HND in a relevant engineering discipline
- 3D CAD / 2D CAD experience with SOLIDWORKS & PDM strongly desired
Key skill requirements
- Proven experience in an Engineering Design Environment
- Rotating Machines / Machinery experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as machining and fabrication
- MRP System Experience (currently Swan)
- A creative flair and design ability with strong visual and spatial awareness
- Very strong attention to detail with ability to spot potential errors
- Strong maths and IT skills
- Analytical, self-starter and multi-tasker with good team working mentality
- Strong written and oral communication
- Proven time management, organisational and procedural abilities
As an employee you will operate in accordance with our quality procedures and receive ongoing personal development and training opportunities.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with the abilities and experience that you bring to us, together with an excellent contributory pension scheme, death in service and income protection benefits. Support to apply and maintain IMechE membership will be available.
- Core hours of work are 37 per week based on Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:15 with ½ hour lunch break, and Fridays 08:30 – 12:30.
- Five weeks paid annual leave plus statutory Bank Holidays.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for more information and apply!