Pay rate: £35.00 - £40 p/h
Duration: 3 month contract (Rolling)
Premier Engineering have partnered with a market leading supplier of connectivity products & infrastructure, who are looking for a Mechanical Design engineer to join their team on an initial 3-month contract basis with good potential of extending due to increased demand of exciting new projects!
Key Responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Managing projects to improve performance and reliability of present and future data.
- As part of the design team, take responsibility for the full product development life-cycle of new components, products and solutions including supporting internal teams with specific product information
- Design the aesthetics, materials and functionality of new products.
- Use Creo 3D CAD system to design and visualise projects create 2D drawings to enable procurement of tooling and components.
- Create photo realistic images from 3D models and assembly’s for customer visualisation.
- Undertake model making, prototyping and product testing.
- Communicate effectively with customers, colleagues and vendors involved in a project.
- Liaise with the wider engineering team and other departments to assist in the development of product specifications.
- Plan effectively to ensure projects are delivered on time, to standard and to budget.
- Operate as an integrated member of the engineering team by offering experience and support through activities such as peer reviewing designs and drawing, information training, etc.
- Produce product design information such as bill of materials and drawings for product management.
Experience and Background of the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Able to operate as an active member of a larger engineering team
- Creo Experience
- Experience in a product development role with plastic and rubber moldings.
- Experience in metal work fabrication
- Experience in sealing technologies to prevent the ingress of water and dust.
- Works to deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously
- Effective communicator
If this sounds like it matches your skillset get in touch now with your CV!