Role- Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary- £30,000 - £40,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
My client is a specialist manufacturer in the Petrochemical industry. They are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team in Portsmouth on a permanent basis.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- 2 years or more of experience in a similar Design / Mechanical Engineering position
- Excellent proficiency with CAD software – ideally SolidWorks
- Experience in Petrochemical, fluid handling, hydraulics, piping, instrumentation, structural steel or similar industries would be beneficial
- Knowledge of a sheet metal, injection moulded plastics, welding, fabrication, castings etc.
- Degree / HNC / HND / BTEC / NVQ qualified in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Proven ability to drive Engineering development
- Good mathematical and general engineering knowledge
- The ability to understand system requirements
- Be self-motivated with excellent attention to detail
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
The Mechanical Design Engineer role will involve:
- Using CAD for concept design and producing technical drawings
- Working on full lifecycle design projects
- Designing and developing new products
- Liaising with manufacturing providers
- Being involved in final assembly of products
- Creating the required documentation for design as well as project reports / plans
- Updating 3D models and drawings
- Inputting parts into the MRP system creating BOMs
- Checking drawings for sign off
- Working in a small multi-disciplinary team on varied projects
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible.
For more information about this role please apply, or email Sarah Lody on email@example.com who will be able to provide more details on the opportunity.
Many thanks, Premier Group