ROLE- Mechanical Design Engineer
SALARY- £35,000-£45,000 per annum, dependent on experience
My client is a manufacturer within the Automotive industry. They are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team in Surrey on a permanent basis.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- Degree / HNC / HND / BTEC / NVQ qualified in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar Design Engineering position
- Previous experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment
- Have a keen interest in the Motorsport and Automotive industry
- Knowledge of powertrains and gearboxes would be beneficial
- Good understanding of FEA, ANSYS, stress analysis, particle fluid simulation etc.
- Be proficient using 3D CAD software such as SolidWorks, Creo, Inventor etc.
- Good theoretical mechanical engineering knowledge of core principles and tight tolerances
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficient using MS Office
- Excellent organisational skills and time management skills
- Have the ability to work well alone as well as part of a small multi-disciplinary team
The Mechanical Design Engineer role will involve:
- Using SolidWorks CAD for concept design and producing technical drawings
- Planning and overseeing the first build of new products and being involved in validation tests
- Liaising with manufacturing providers
- Being involved in final assembly of products
- Creating the required documentation for design as well as project reports / plans
- Updating 3D models and drawings
- Inputting parts into the MRP system creating BOMs
- Checking drawings for sign off
- Working in a small multi-disciplinary team on varied projects
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible.
For more information about this role please apply, or email Sarah Lody on firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to provide more details on the opportunity.
Many thanks, Premier Group