ROLE- Mechanical Design Engineer
LOCATION - Shrewsbury
SALARY- £25,000 - £35,000 (Dependant on experience)
My client designs specialist equipment in the automotive sector. They are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team in Shrewsbury on a permanent basis.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- HNC / HND / BTEC / NVQ / Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar Design Engineering / CAD Operation position
- Previous experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment
- Be proficient using 3D CAD software such as SolidWorks, Inventor, Creo etc.
- Experience with Test & Development
- Good skills with FEA
- Good theoretical mechanical engineering knowledge of core principles and tight tolerances
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficient using MS Office
- Excellent organisational skills and time management skills
- Have the ability to work well alone as well as part of a small multi-disciplinary team
The Mechanical Design Engineer role will involve:
- Using CAD for concept design and producing technical drawings
- Liaising with manufacturing providers
- Being involved in final assembly of products
- Creating the required documentation for design as well as project reports / plans
- Updating 3D models and drawings
- Inputting parts into the MRP system creating BOMs
- Checking drawings for sign off
- Working in a small multi-disciplinary team on varied projects
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible.
For more information about this role please apply, or email Tom O'Reilly on email@example.com who will be able to provide more details on the opportunity.
Many thanks, Premier Group