Role – Mechanical Design Engineer
Type - Permanent
Location - Cornwall
Salary - £28,000- £33,000 per annum (please advise what you're looking for)
My client designs and manufactures engineering equipment, and they are looking to take on a Mechanical Design Engineer on a permanent basis, in the Cornwall area.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- HNC/ HND/ BTEC/ Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering
- 2 years’ or more of industry experience working as a Design Engineer in a similar manufacturing environment
- Having knowledge of 3D and 2D CAD – SolidWorks ideally but other software will also be considered such as Creo / Inventor etc.
- Experience of working with fabrication, machining, sheet metal and hydraulics would be preferred
- Good organisational skills are required and good time management too
- The ability to use Microsoft Office programmes
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to work well alone as well as part of a team
The Mechanical Design Engineer role will involve:
- Producing designs using SolidWorks software
- Coming up with engineering solutions
- Taking projects from concept to completion
- Working closely with other engineering colleagues
- Being flexible to travel to customers as and when required
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.