JOB – Mechanical Design Engineer
LOCATION – Hampshire
TERM – Permanent
SALARY – £25,0000 - £45,000 per annum depending on experience
My client designs and manufactures innovative equipment and components and they are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their business on a permanent basis in the Hampshire area.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- HND / Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or similar or QBE
- 3 or more years’ experience working as a Mechanical Design Engineer in a similar environment
- Proficiency with using Creo CAD software for design ideally but other software’s like SolidWorks and Inventor will also be considered
- Previous experience working with a range of materials and components such as fabricated, composite, pressed, machined and cast parts.
- Experience with using tools such as FEA would be desirable but not essential
- An understanding of electrical or software engineering would be beneficial
- The ability to work well alone as well as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Have the desire to develop with a company long term
The Mechanical Design Engineer role will involve:
- Working on the concept design of equipment using Creo software
- Producing the required documentation for the associated designs
- Designing composite moulding and castings and other mechanical parts
- Liaising with other colleagues in the multi-disciplinary engineering team
- Planning own workload
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.