Contract 3 months – Inside IR35
Rate £30 per hour
My client is looking for a contract mechanical design engineer to join their growing team. They are a large growing business with a networth of £12 million pounds, with a huge projected growth in the next 5 years. They design products for the advertising industry, consisting of leds, sheet metal and other components.
What Mechanical Design Engineer Are We Looking For?
- Candidate requires an in-depth knowledge of solid works with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Experience of working with sheet metals
- Good knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Driven personality to support continuous improvement of processes, department and products
- Superb knowledge of 3D design process
- Use Solidworks 3D to intricately design and manufacture advertising displays
- Create manufacturing and assembly drawings
- Negotiate with manufacturers for the most quality cost-effective solutions for the manufacturing process
- Test prototypes and new designs for different means of advertisement
- Development and maintenance of quality procedures for mechanical engineering
- Great knowledge of design following DFM practices
- Develop design and drawing office standards and templates
- Quality control of other design engineers designs and drawings prior to designs going live
- Monday to Friday 8.30-17.00
- £30 per hour based on experience
- Based in Manchester
- 3 Month Initial contract with room for extensions based on performance