Mechanical Design Engineer
My client is a leading manufacturing company who are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team on a 3-month contract. They design and produce special purpose machinery for the advertising industry. The role would be to design these products using Solidworks.
Mechanical Design Engineer Essential Skills
- Candidate requires an in-depth knowledge of solid works with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Good knowledge of materials and structural manufacturing processes
- A proven portfolio with sheet metal designs
- Experience with designing materials made out of sheet metal
- Driven personality and leadership skills
- Candidate must have a methodical approach to work and be a great problem solver
- Superb knowledge of 3D design process
Mechanical Design Engineer Duties
- Use Solidworks 3D to intricately design advertising displays
- Create manufacturing and assembly drawings.
- Negotiate with manufacturers for the most quality cost-effective solutions for the manufacturing process.
- Test prototypes and new designs for different means of advertisement.
- Development and maintenance of quality procedures for mechanical engineering.
- Quality control of other design engineers designs and drawings prior to designs going live.
- Monday to Friday 9:00-17:00
- £30 per hour based on experience
- Based in Bolton
- 3 Month Initial contract