Job Type: Permanent
Location: Dudley, West Midlands
Industry: Bespoke Testing Machines
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a world leader in specialist test applications for a diverse range of industries, from Aerospace and Pharmaceutical, to Automotive and Nuclear research as well as leading UK Universities closely linked with these sectors.
Purpose: The central purpose of the Mechanical Design Engineer is to support Mechanical Design activities that are carried out competently by the Mechanical Design team, and align with the company’s business plan and strategic direction.
This involves providing support and assistance for Mechanical Design operations, including procurement, scheduling and performance of Mechanical Design services on customer sites or at our premises to the required standard and customer specification.
- Defining and producing 2D and 3D mechanical drawings through to full manufacturing models with 3D Solidworks CAD Design Software, producing details of specifications and outlining designs for production purposes to the required customer specification.
- Discussing and solving technical design issues and queries with production departments, suppliers and customers.
- Ensuring all technical documentation and information produced is filed and maintained correctly in accordance with company procedures and processes.
- Ability to support mechanical assembly of products to specifications.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Demonstrate a willingness to perform other tasks outside of main objectives or direct responsibilities
- Support change management activities within the organisation, adapting well to new challenges in any area of the workplace
- Produce accurate written documentation for internal and external business purposes, with relevant and precise information
- File and store written documentation correctly, in line with Company procedures
- Communicate accurate information to appropriate person or department in a timely manner
- Engage in discussions and offers suggestions and solutions to improve business processes
- Proactively approach staff to clarify information and resolve issues
- Collaborate with other departments and teams, including other group companies where necessary and sharing knowledge to support business activities
- To work with customers to interpret their requirements and translate them into a commercially and technically viable solutions
- To carry out researching parts and materials for new applications, sourcing suppliers and talking to the technical departments to ensure the parts or materials will be suitable for the proposed applications.
- Providing accurate information to relevant departments in order to work effectively to meet deadlines.
- Engage in annual performance appraisals, performance reviews and personal improvement or development plans in line with business objectives
- Undertake any reasonable requests for training, either internally or externally, in order to improve performance and capabilities
- Prepare for weekly and monthly meetings as appropriate within the agreed reporting structure and timetable, and ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments
- Organize own time (information, tools, materials, suppliers, customers etc.) to complete tasks to the required standard, schedule and budget, ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with new and existing customers, providing high quality support and assistance
- Provide support in the generation of instruction manuals and technical documentation on projects including FAT and SAT documentation
- Implementation and maintenance of quality systems and continuous improvement within department. Production of procedures, instruction manuals and technical documentation
- Comply with company policies and procedures, including health and safety, personal protective equipment,
- Adopt safe working practices within your team in line with current company procedures and to understand appropriate training in Health and Safety
- Ensuring maintenance of tools, using equipment safely and correctly, and working areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Reporting any faulty equipment or tools to the appropriate Line Manager.
- Reporting any accidents or injuries to the company first aid representative and following accident reporting procedures.
- Good knowledge of main Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Outlook/Teams, Solid Works.
- Good level of numeracy
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety at work regulations
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!