Job Type: Permanent
Location: Galway, Ireland
Premier Engineering has engaged with a new client and a very exciting, fast paced and rapidly growing manufacturer and integrator of electrification systems. Due to growth and expansion of the business a key opportunity has been established for Battery Design Engineer to join on a permanent basis.
We are searching for an engineer who is passionate, who is innovative and has great ideas they wish to share.
- Conceptualisation of mechanical architecture of HV battery modules.
- Responsible for the conformance of the battery module mechanical system to agreed requirements.
- Coordination and interaction with the other teams – system, electrical, mechanical, thermal, hardware, testing and sourcing – regarding results, deadlines and tasks.
- Analysis and agreement of requirements in alignment with other teams (DFX).
- Report to technical/mechanical lead on the status of projects.
- Generate reports on mechanical related topics.
- Be a key member of the risk management for module and related mechanical systems.
- Agree and ensure development maturity milestones.
- Writing of technical specifications for suppliers.
- Detail mechanical design of the cell module components.
- Documentation of part specific requirements in drawings and RFQ.
- Tracking of part related open points with suppliers and customers.
- Part related lifecycle responsibility from concept, SOP and support to any open customer quality issues.
- Be the first point of contact for specific, technical part related questions.
- Detail mechanical design of the cooling parts inside the system.
- Roughly 5+ years’ experience – but must have completed, at a senior level, at least 2 major electromechanical design and development projects from start to finish, such as a battery system for EV.
- Strong Mechanical Design experience in large electromechanical assemblies in automotive or other vehicles.
- Strong understanding of heat flows and cooling systems.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of materials, joining techniques and industrialization methods for mechanical systems.
- Good understanding of electrical engineering requirements and its relationship with mechanical integration.
- Skilled in GD&T and Tolerance analysis – simple stack and statistical.
- Full appreciation of the development cycle – has understanding of approaches such as TQM, DFSS.
- Team lead experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Quick and efficient issue management.
- Strong personal responsibility.
- Software: 5 years in CAD – SolidWorks or similar.
- Fluent in English spoken and written.
- HV Battery module design – detailed structural design.
- DFSS green belt accreditation.
- Software: FEA Ansys.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!