SALARY- £35,000 - £45,000, dependent on experience
My client is a manufacturer of bespoke products. They are looking for a Product Design Engineer to join their team near Reading on a permanent basis.
The Product Design Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- HNC / HND / BTEC / NVQ / Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design, Aerospace Engineering, Automotive Engineering or similar
- At least 2-5 years’ experience in a similar Design position
- Previous experience designing bespoke/precision products and mechanics, in professional or educational setting or in your spare time
- Be proficient using 3D CAD software such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Inventor etc.
- Good theoretical mechanical engineering knowledge of core principles, tight tolerances and machinery
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organisational skills and time management skills
- Have the ability to work independently as well as part of a small multi-disciplinary team
The Product Design Engineer role will involve:
- Using SolidWorks on a daily basis for concept design and producing technical drawings
- Developing ideas from concept to production
- Creating models/prototypes
- Liaising with clients and developing solutions
- Liaising with manufacturing providers
- Creating the required documentation for design as well as project reports / plans
- Updating 3D models and drawings
- Inputting parts into the MRP system creating BOMs
- Collaborating with different departments to ensure the smooth delivery of projects
- Maintaining technical drawings and documentation
- Supporting product Testing, Verification & Validation
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.