Salary - £35,000 - £50,000 per annum, dependent on experience
Type - Permanent
Location – Northwest London
My client designs and manufactures bespoke products for process industries. They are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join their team in Northwest London on a permanent basis.
The Mechanical Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- HNC / HND / BTEC / NVQ / Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- 5 or more years of industry experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Ideally have some experience in a process industry, Oil & Gas, Aerospace, HVAC or similar
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and instrumentation
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with CAD software such as AutoCAD, Inventor, SolidWorks or similar
- Good theoretical mechanical engineering knowledge of core principles and tight tolerances
- Have excellent communication skills with experience in a customer-facing role
- Be a flexible team-player
- Have the ability to work well alone as well as part of a small multi-disciplinary team
The Mechanical Engineer role will involve:
- Supporting delivery and development of both new and existing products in the R&D team
- Providing technical support and being involved in technical sales
- Working with customers day-to-day on updates, improvements and customisations
- Representing the company at exhibitions
- Being involved in developing detailed mechanical designs using AutoCAD/Inventor and the associated documentation
- Liaising with colleagues and suppliers to ensure projects are delivered on-time and within budget
- Carrying out post-production design changes
- Occasional travel to exhibitions and trade shows, sometimes abroad!
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.