Job Type: 6 Month Contract
Location: Dudley, West Midlands
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a world leader in specialist test applications working with a range of industries, including Automotive, Nuclear, Aerospace and Pharmaceutical research. The client is looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer/Fitter to join their team on 3 month contract basis.
Main Objectives of Mechanical Engineer/Fitter:
- Mechanical assembly of products to specifications. Onsite activities to include installation, commissioning, and investigation of failures in services, determine root cause and carry out necessary repair work to meet the customer’s required specification or standard
- Ensure good housekeeping and adherence to health and safety practices in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Involvement in projects and contributing to the improvement of production processes, competencies and systems
- Ensure quality procedure and polices are being followed
Responsibilities and Accountabilities of Mechanical Engineer/Fitter:
- Produce, File and communicate accurate written documentation for internal and external business purposes, with relevant and precise information
- Engage in discussions and offers suggestions and solutions to improve business processes
- Proactively approach staff to clarify information and resolve issues
- Providing accurate information to relevant departments in order to work effectively to meet deadlines.
- Providing accurate information and technical support to customers, informing the appropriate department where further action is required
- Implementation and maintenance of quality systems and continuous improvement within department. Production of procedures, instruction manuals and technical documentation
- Adopt and comply with safe working practices within your team in line with current company procedures and to understand appropriate training in Health and Safety
- Ensuring maintenance of tools, using equipment safely and correctly, and working areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Reporting any faulty equipment or tools to the appropriate Line Manager.
- Reporting any accidents or injuries to the company first aid representative and following accident reporting procedures.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings
- Ideally apprentice trained
- Use of basic measuring equipment
- Knowledge of mechanical and hydraulic/pneumatics components and assembly
- Ideally experience of commissioning and testing hydraulic systems
- Operation of general workshop equipment
- IT skills, exposure to Microsoft Office and Outlook packages
- Logical thinking
- Works well under pressure and part of a team
- Work effectively at all levels internally and externally
- High level Organisation and Problem solving ability