Industry: Chemical Manufacturing
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands (on-site)
Salary: £26K - £28K
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a global leading Chemical Manufacturer based in Birmingham, West Midlands. Due to continuous business growth an opportunity has become available for 2 Mechanical Fitters to join the Engineering team on a permanent basis. This role will involve working on new projects.
A vacancy has arisen to join the Mechanical Department. This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled Mechanical Engineering team within a lower tier COMAH facility. The successful candidate will be an experienced, qualified Mechanical Fitter. You will need to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with a range of departments to ensure that daily goals are achieved.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience listed below:-
- Mechanical plant installation and modification work including TIG welding of pipework etc.
- Mechanical preventative and reactive maintenance work in an industrial environment working on equipment such as gearboxes, pumps, mechanical seals, pipework etc.
- Statutory inspections - pressure testing, plant integrity and commissioning work.
- The use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- The ability to use and interpret equipment drawings, manuals and other technical information to assist with all works.
- Work in accordance with the company safe systems of work and permit to work systems.
- You will need to have a recognised mechanical apprenticeship and educated to ONC or City and Guilds level 3 (RQF level 3) in Mechanical Fitting/Engineering as a minimum.
- Ideally you would also have training with MEWP’s, Abrasive wheels and Confined Spaces.
25 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays), a 38 hour working week, paid sick scheme, free life assurance and access to a stakeholder pension scheme, based in West Bromwich, West Midlands.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for more information and apply!