ROLE – Mechanical Fitter
SALARY - £26,000, increasing to £32,000, dependent on experience
TYPE – Permanent
LOCATION – South London
My client is a specialist manufacturer within the Rail industry. They are looking for a Mechanical Fitter to join their team in South London on a permanent basis.
The Mechanical Fitter will ideally have the following attributes:
- Industry experience ideally working in a hands-on fitting/manufacture/assembly role
- Able to read and work to technical drawings
- Proficiency with CAD software – ideally SolidWorks or similar
- Basic understanding of electrical systems
- Good mathematical and general engineering knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials – sheet metal, castings, machining etc.
- Be technically minded and proactive, with a head for problem solving
- Self-motivated with excellent attention to detail
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
The Mechanical Fitter role will involve:
- Mechanical assembly of various products and machines
- Working to company standards for test and repair
- Maintaining equipment and machinery
- Performing development activities and finding new mechanical solutions
- Being involved in the product design and development process using CAD
- Producing the relevant documentation that is required
- Driving continuous improvement
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.