Salary: £10.39ph - £11.14ph, dependent on experience
Benefits Package: 23 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays), Generous holiday allowance and a day off on your birthday, Staff discounts on company designs and access to warehouse sales and company car scheme.
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a leading Manufacturer in design of antique originals, specialising in furniture and lighting. Our client is based in Leicestershire. Due to continuous business growth an opportunity has become available for a Metal Polisher to join the Manufacturing team on a permanent basis. You will require a can-do attitude and the candidate must not be afraid to get stuck in with the task at hand, be enthusiastic and self-motivated. This role is suitable for someone with a keen eye for detail and the ability to achieve the excellent standards for which my client is well known.
The Metal Polisher will be responsible for the preparation and polishing of brass components to a very high standard to then be used in our lighting workshop, ensuring quality and the production schedule is maintained.
The successful candidate will be expected to work with the Finishing Specialist and Fabricator to deliver outstanding designs to agreed QC specifications, on time and on budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Polishing and preparation of brass components for finishing to a high standard
- Responsibility for components and consumables within the polishing workshop
- General workshop maintenance and housekeeping
- Maintaining a safe working environment at all times
Qualifications for the Position:
- 3 years+ experience of polishing
- Experience of using hand and power tools
- Experience of finishing processes welcome (hot and cold patination)
- Experience of electrical wiring welcome
- Interest and existing knowledge of luxury furniture and lighting a bonus
Skills or Qualities for the Position:
- Ability to work independently
- Proactive, can-do attitude
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Team player
- Excellent organisational skills, able to meet regular deadlines
- Long term commitment to our company, happy to strategise and take on new challenges.
- Competitive salary
- Pension contribution
- Health insurance cash plan, including access to GP and mental health helplines.
- Company car scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Income protection
- Generous holiday allowance and a day off on your birthday
- Office staff are offered home working in agreement with your manager
- Unique culture that includes: Christmas and Summer parties, monthly social team drinks and events, internal training
- Staff discounts on company designs and access to warehouse sales
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 8am to 5pm, Friday 8am to 1pm
This is a new role which has been created to support our lighting and furniture workshop team, offering a great opportunity to join a fast-growing team of skilled craftsmen and women in a friendly, creative environment.
If you could be interested in the role as a Metal Polisher, please apply with your latest CV and call Jeremy at Premier Engineering on 01217961888 for further information.