Job Type: Permanent
Location: King’s Lynn, Norfolk
Salary: £35K - £42K DOE
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a leading manufacturer based in King’s Lynn, Norfolk. An opportunity has become available for a Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer to join on a permanent basis. This is an urgent requirement and I have interview slots available over the next 2 weeks.
07:00 – 15:30 Monday to Thursday
07:00 – 13:00 Friday
Main Purpose of the Job
To effectively carry out planned preventative maintenance and repair tasks on a variety of plant and equipment.
- Operations Director
- Unit Business Manager
- Maintenance Department
- Line Leaders
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Carry out regular checks and inspections of services, plant and systems.
- Completion of planned preventative maintenance service programme on all critical equipment and plant machinery.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of TPM systems.
- Execute maintenance tasks in accordance with Unit Business Managers’ specifications.
- Respond to reactive tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Respond to emergency breakdowns and ensure equipment fault is rectified in a speedy manner.
- Carry out fault finding and plant adjustments and plan rectifications with Unit Business Manager.
- Assist other plant technicians in multi-person maintenance tasks.
- Carry out lone working as required in accordance with the ‘Lone Worker’ Health and Safety Regulations.
- Liaise with contractors, where necessary, to assist with works and maintain quality as required.
- Provide verbal estimates for maintenance works as required for budgetary purposes.
- Order materials and equipment within your budget restraints, that may be necessary to your role.
- Maintain stocks of various spare parts, tools and equipment in a tidy and ordered manner.
- General plant and service maintenance, repair and recovery actions.
- All duties will be carried out in accordance with the business mission and values and site specified policies and procedures.
Variation to duties
You may be required to undertake any other duties as may be reasonably be required of you commensurate with your capabilities.
Out of hours working in overtime may be required from time to time to carry out activities that can’t be completed during open production hours.
Amending the job description
In consultation with the post holder, periodic reviews will be carried out to ensure that the job description relates to the job being performed and to incorporate any changes being proposed. It is hoped that agreement can be reached to any reasonable changes. If this is not possible your line manager reserves the right to make reasonable changes to the job description in consultation with you.
Essential - Relevant C&G or NVQ in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. 18th Edition Wiring Regulations.
Desirable - C&G 2391
Essential - Able to demonstrate transferable skills across various disciplines
Desirable - CMMS systems knowledge eg Pirana. TPM implementation and knowledge Refrigeration products manufacturing
Essential - Knowledge of permit to work system. Knowledge of mechanical and electrical plant and systems operation and maintenance
Desirable - Knowledge of PLC systems.
- Basic computer skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail particularly when working to tight deadlines
- Accepts responsibility for own work activities, behaviour and personal development
- Makes every effort to exceed the expectations of this role
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!