Salary: £30,000-£38,000 (Dependent on experience)
Premier Engineering have engaged with a market leading client specializing in HVAC and Air Solutions based in Dudley. The client is looking to grow their maintenance team through the appointment of a new multi-skilled maintenance engineer to provide cross-function and high-quality site maintenance support to the Operations Plant.
The successful Maintenance Engineer will lead and work alongside a small team of maintenance engineers covering electrical, mechanical, and general facilities works. The role contains reactive and proactive site maintenance duties and be responsible for delivering a wide range of site facilities support, checking, repairing and servicing machinery, equipment and systems as required.
Key Attributes of the Maintenance Engineer:
- Ability to hold themselves and other team members accountable while supporting of our Safety core values.
- Have integrity, work transparently and treat others with respect.
- Take accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Works collaboratively as part of a team.
- Embrace change as a catalyst for improvement.
- Be comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Engineer:
- To work as part of a maintenance team supporting cross functional facilitates
- To maintain a high standard of maintenance and facilities works across site working to site safety rules and QHSE procedures and appropriate legislation at all times – putting safety first, in everything you do
- Planning and undertaking scheduled site maintenance tasks i.e. carrying out planned and unplanned maintenance on Electrical, Mechanical and Fluid power systems
- Responding to breakdowns and minimizing machine down time and general upkeep
- Fault diagnostics and equipment repairs including schematics
- Obtaining specialist components, fixtures or fittings managing stocks of supplies and equipment as appropriate i.e. fixed wiring, new installs, pneumatic supplies, building fabric, solid state tooling, machine setting (press brake & bending), Panasonic welding robot, welding, fabrication
- Updating and creating site maintenance procedures for a variety of cross-functional works (electrical, mechanical and fabrication site requirements)
- Facilitate work area relocations across site and kaizen events as required
- To take part in and lead ad-hoc improvement projects across site to drive a safety-first approach
- Assist with research and development projects as required
- Min 2 years’ experience in delivering a full range of facilities maintenance within a busy manufacturing environment
- Minimum HNC in Mechanical Engineering
- Level 3 Qualified Electrician / Electrical Engineering
- Experience within robotic manufacturing environments
- Delivering site maintenance upkeep with Fabrication experience
- Hydraulic and pneumatics knowledge
- Safety certifications and licensing i.e. Working at Heights, FLT license etc. Desirable
- Experience and exposure to Lean Manufacturing
- Confined Space and Passport to Safety certifications
- 26 days bookable holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme with optional employee benefits
- Varied role in a worldwide company going through a lean transformation
- On-site parking