Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £35K with overtime and T&Cs to easily double basic salary
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Industry: Heavy Engineering, Oil & Gas, Offshore
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a leading handling equipment manufacturer based in Telford. A privately owned engineering company specialising in the design, manufacture, installation and service of product handling systems. Due to team and project growth a new opportunity has become available for a Multi-Skilled Service Engineer to join on a permanent basis.
This successful business provides a wide range of technically advanced, high performance product handling and drive & control systems to worldwide onshore and offshore markets
- Offshore Oil & Gas
- Saturation Diving
- Deep Water Lifting
- Power & Telecoms Cable Lay
- Naval Ships and Submarines
- Seismic Exploration
- Oceanographic Research
The job requires mechanical and electrical service engineers to travel on a worldwide basis to install, service, repair and maintain wide range of specialist handling equipment.
The role is customer facing and requires strong communication skills and a willing flexible attitude.
The majority of our products are marine based and require service engineers to travel worldwide, often at short notice, to work on our equipment. These trips can extend from 2 days to 8 weeks.
An extensive background of electrical installation, test and fault finding is required as is the ability to work under pressure and tight time scales
- Electrical installation, fault finding, setting to work, repair and maintenance of company products
- Attend breakdowns and undertake fault finding and repair
- Communicate regularly with customers and keep them updated with current progress
- Have a flexible attitude and remain calm under pressure
- Provide daily reports to service department manager
- Produce complete and comprehensive test documentation
- Work in varying locations throughout the world for extended periods, sometimes at short notice.
- Provide support and assistance to other departments including shop floor activities.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks which are deemed by the company to be within their ability, competence and experience.
- Fully conversant with electrical drawings and schematics
- Fully conversant with marine standard shipboard installation
- Offshore medical certification is required ( BOSIET, MIST )
- Ability to work on own initiative in a responsible manner.
- A hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to duties, working patterns and overtime working
- Experience in the testing, commissioning and servicing of drive and control systems., including but not limited to PLC’s, AC/DC Drives &
- Sound instrumentation & controls background