Role: Network Engineer
Location: Leicester / Remote
Salary: £35k - £45k + Benefits
Premier Group are currently engaged with a well-established client in the Leicester area, who require a Network Engineer to join the team due to a growth in revenue and an increased workload since taking on new contracts.
The successful Network Engineer will be required to undertake network installs, as well as resolving maintenance faults. You will be able to manage and prioritise service requests that come in by telephone, email, and automated management systems.
Network Engineer – Skills and Responsibilities:
- Layer 2 switching
- 802.1Q VLAN trunks
- Spanning tree (Including RTSP)
- Configuration and troubleshooting of either OSPF or EIGRP is required
- Knowledge of BGP would be useful
- Configuration and troubleshooting of wireless networks are desirable
- Configuration and troubleshooting of IKEv1 and IKEv2 VPNs
- Experience with Cisco ASA firewalls
- Experience with Cisco Firepower is desirable but not essential
- Good communication skills
- Evidence of structured and logical approach to problem-solving under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues
- Aptitude for learning and strong desire to progress career wise in the technology sector
If you are an experienced Network Engineer looking for a new and exciting role then please get in touch with Carly Bates at Premier Group (Birmingham Office)
Not for you? Premier Group offer a referral reward of up to £500 if you can recommend a friend who we successfully place in these roles.