Role: Network Operations Engineer
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 DOE
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Network Operations Engineer to join a leading organisation based in Kettering.
Responsibilities: Network Operations Engineer
- Supporting networks and VOIP infrastructure/devices and applications that maintains the operational integrity of Travel and Leisure’s systems/technologies located in Travel + Leisure’s European and Middle East data centres on a 24x7 basis.
- Responsible to provide level 1 & 2 problem and incident response support for the enterprise production and non-production environments and for systems within the scope of the Technical Services infrastructure, which includes domestic and global infrastructure components/systems as applicable. This includes on-call support activities and weekend/after hours as required and will be expected to work diligently to ensure issues are resolved and/or escalated.
- Assist IT personnel in a consulting capacity to ensure issues resolution and project success and will be expected to provide accurate estimates and work diligently to meet project timelines. This includes assisting all team members (at any location including offshore).
- The role will assist as required in all projects phases for in-scope tasks and assisting in developing processes, standards, and guidelines and attends projects and team meetings, maintains project timesheets, and provides status reports.
Skills and experience: Network Operations Engineer
· Minimum 5 years IT experience in a mid-size to large environment
· Track record of working on multiple projects within a programme of work.
· Good Working knowledge of local and wide area networks (LAN/WAN), SD-WAN, SIP, VOIP, telecommunications and data communications; standard operating systems, software packages, and software utilities; and documentation maintenance for local and distributed environments
· Experienced in the implementation of network related projects – including cabling, device set up and service provider management.
· Proven skills in vendor engagement and service relationship.
· Expert in on-going support of networks connectivity & technical problem resolution for internal as well as external business partners
· Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendors.
· Excellent and proven skills in Networking and VOIP technologies including but not limited to routers, switches, firewalls, and security devices supporting a variety of protocols and spanning multiple datacentres and geographic locations.
o Checkpoint Firewall administration
o Cisco routing and switching
o Cisco ASA and VPN
· Experience in building and deployment including assisting in project related deployments through non-production and production environments.
· Administered standards, controls, procedures, and documentation (i.e., SOX, PII & PCI).
· Experience in documenting systems for support, maintenance, processing, reporting and Audit purposes.
· Understanding of Infrastructure, Middle tier applications and Data Architecture /Integration concepts, methods, and strategies.
If you are an experienced Network Operations Engineer looking to secure a new permanent and exciting role then please do get in touch with Jenny Collin at Premier Technology (Birmingham office)