Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Circa €100K
Location: Galway, Ireland
Industry: Battery Technology
Premier Engineering has engaged with a new client and a very exciting, fast paced and rapidly growing manufacturer and integrator of electrification systems. Due to growth and expansion of the business a key opportunity has been established for Operations Manager to join on a permanent basis.
- Provide direction and technical expertise with manufacturing techniques.
- Making decisions and solve technical problems to provide an efficient solution to production constraints.
- Identifying resource and equipment requirements.
- Ability to manage change and effectively pass on the information down the line to concerned teams for smoother execution.
- Resource management skills and ability to handle complex / sensitive issues.
- Encouraging team interaction, boost employee motivation and appreciate team contribution.
- Takes ownership for the current working environment in line with EH&S policy & procedures, ensure standard operating procedures & project guidelines are in place.
- Task allocation and performance evaluation of team members utilising system tools.
- Project scheduling and resource management, with an understanding of technical equipment within a manufacturing environment.
- Ensuring compliance quality procedures are in place for all manufacturing requirements.
- Must ensure teams follow the correct procedures, policies and documentation requirements across project phases.
- Planning, budgeting and reporting on projects.
- Develop presentations on project status, present monthly findings on lean improvement reviews.
- Will conduct regular team meetings and track performance / progress.
- Extensive manufacturing leadership experience within Automotive, Aerospace, Defence or similar industry.
- Delegate and allocate responsibilities efficiently to manage projects end to end.
- Good knowledge of various materials used within the aerospace industry.
- Understand project requirements, coordinate with resources, and direct the projects in the right direction in a timely manner.
- Lead Continuous Improvement / change management within their area
- Ensure all colleagues are focused on customer and leadership objectives
- Effectively lead teams and inspire others to achieve goals through innovation, quality and excellence.
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of team members and suitably make changes if required.
- Manufacturing & Quality techniques – IATF16949, ISO9001, Six Sigma.
- Provide an efficient working atmosphere to project teams and ensure objectives are met on time.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!