LOCATION – Cambridge
SALARY – £40,000 - £60,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
We are looking for an Operations / Manufacturing Manager on a permanent basis in the Cambridge area within the FMCG, Food or Livestock manufacturing industry. This will be for a renewable Start-up based in Cambridge. Your main duties will include overseeing the manufacturing operation including the responsibilities of Manufacturing, Quality Improvement as well as day-to-day operation of the entire site.
The Operations / Manufacturing Manager will ideally have the following attributes:
- Qualified in a relevant Engineering / Manufacturing Degree with time served as a Manager.
- Previous experience working as an Operations / Manufacturing manager within food, FMCG, Poultry or cleanroom environment.
- Experience of improvements / efficiencies made within a manufacturing business.
- Solid knowledge of Lean manufacturing, Continuous improvement, or Six Sigma.
- Can communicate with other members of staff and other members of management.
- Knowledge of logistics and distribution to ensure products are manufactured and delivered on time.
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as team
- History within Livestock / complex animal production – very advantageous.
- Overseeing the responsibilities for Manufacturing, Supplychain, Logistics and Operations.
- Establish efficient and robust processes and quality systems.
- Drive an attitude of continuous improvement activities within the business.
- Taking a “hands on” approach within business and manufacturing issues.
- Liaising with other departments to determine KPI’s and ensure KPI’s are met.
- Working with other teams to ensure Logistically products are out the door in time.