Job Title: Ophthalmic Optical Engineer
Location: West Midlands, commutable from Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Kidderminster, Solihull, Tamworth, Walsall, Wolverhampton etc.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40K - £60K
Industry: Medical & Healthcare Products
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and innovative Medical leader specialised in the Optical market. Due to company expansion my client is seeking to recruit an Optical Engineer on a permanent basis. As a member of the Product Research Team, you will:
- Design the technology that becomes our innovative products.
- Help to prove that blue sky ideas can be turned into functioning technologies by creating proof of concept implementations.
- Work closely with the Product Development team to turn proofs of concept into a commercial products.
The Skills and Experience required:
- An advanced degree, or equivalent, in Optical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics, or other technical discipline.
- Experience working on technology development within the Ophthalmic industry.
- Excellent knowledge of optical physics and detailed experience designing optical systems.
- Good electronic, mechanical, and mathematical knowledge.
- Proficient with optical modelling software, such as Zemax.
- Proficient with Solidworks CAD software.
- Experience working within strict regulatory frameworks and processes, including technical development under IEC 60601.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and take pride in how fast one can develop products.
You will be excited about working in a growing team, the prospect of pioneering medical advances, working with world leading experts and you will have a track record of making things happen. You will be able to deliver to deadlines and work both collectively and independently.
£40k - £60k per annum, dependent upon the role and your level of experience.
In addition, you will have: the chance to work on ground-breaking technology, an excellent work environment, flexible working hours, and access to a staff bonus scheme.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for more information and apply!