Job Type: Permanent
Site Location: Birmingham
*British citizenship required/no dual nationalities*
Premier Group has engaged with a well-established and expanding manufacturing company based in Birmingham, due to their current projected growth, they are now looking to recruit for a Panel/Wireman. The successful applicant will be based at our client's production facility in Birmingham City Centre.
Reporting to the Production manager as part of the assembly team, you will be responsible for electrical / panel and panel wiring for all products in the company catalogue ranging from general light fittings to control & distribution panels supplied to various customers in the Defence industry.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / EXPERIENCE
- Wiring and assembly of components for light fittings up to control cabinets and panels
- Crimping, routing, and cable terminating work on control panels
- Reading and interpreting mechanical drawings and schematic wiring accordingly
- Mechanical assembly
- Electrical assembly
- Use of hand tools
- Experience with point-to-point wiring
- Cable end termination experience (Crimping/soldering)
- Ability to understand and manufacture to GA and schematic drawings
- Control panel wiring experience
- Cable routing
- Experience of electrical assembling and wiring of control panels
- Ability to act as a stand-alone operator on any given project
- Manufacturing to IPC Class 3 standard
- Prototype and development wiring experience
- Basic testing experience
- Ability to down train to lower skilled colleagues in a “buddy system” set up.
Competitive salary + Overtime (when required)
HOURS OF WORK
- Monday – Thursday 07:30 – 16:00
- Friday – 07:30 – 12:30
- 25 Days holiday; a combination of floating days and compulsory factory shutdown over Christmas period.
- All bank holidays