I am looking for a Software Engineer on behalf of a client of mine, focused in the authentication and security sector. In a small team, your responsibilities fall in line with all aspects of the software delivery lifecycle, designing, building and unit testing software.
You will have and further develop a solid understanding of PHP & the other technologies used and seek to continually develop their own capabilities, maintaining a good awareness of the industry.
PHP Developer Responsibilities
- Design, build and test software.
- Write clean efficient code which is easily maintained and complies to company code standards and industry best practice.
- Routinely test code either by unit testing or working with the Testing team to ensure quality is maintained.
- Delivers coding tasks in a timely manner.
- At all times apply internal technical policies such as coding and UI standards, as well as industry best practice.
- Where necessary, document work using company tools
- Continue personal and professional development in line with the company's defined technical and strategic directions.
PHP Developer Profile
- 3 years+ in software development role
- Extensive experience with OO PHP and Maria DB/MySQL
- Strong interest in software design / application architecture
- Passionate about delivering high quality well tested software
- Team player
- Analytical logical thinker with a flair for innovation and problem solving
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills
- Strong work ethic, organised and focused
- Good communications skills, written and verbal
This can be a predominantly remote role if that is of interest, though ideally you’d be spending 4 times a month in the office, either once a week or twice a fortnight. They are flexible.
If this is of interest then please apply with your updated CV & then I'll get in touch ASAP