SALARY- £85,000-£100,000 per annum (may be stretch for the right candidate)
We are looking for a Plant Manager on a permanent basis in the Somerset area with a Process based Manufacturing background in the Semiconductor industry
The Plant Manager will ideally have the following attributes:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Business
- 10 years related Manufacturing management experience
- Prior experience and strong understanding of highly precise and complex, continuous flow manufacturing process operations (a must)
- Working knowledge of supply chain and material management best practices.
- Demonstrated use of Lean or Kaizen principles and evidence of establishing a continuous improvement culture.
- Ability to balance strategy and detailed tactics as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to manage manufacturing facilities across multiple production lines.
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise and knowledge of the manufacturing of precision mechanisms.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience of operations
- Understands and has implemented lean processes.
- Must be capable of communicating effectively with subordinates, peers, corporate leadership and service providers within the organization.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, executing and leading cost reduction, product line transfer, production projects and programs in multi-discipline teams.
- Oversees all aspects of site operations including manufacturing operations, purchasing, quality assurance, inventory control, manufacturing / test engineering, repair processes, shipping and receiving and facilities maintenance.
- Responsible for planning and directing the layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization.
- Responsible for driving the continuous improvement of manufacturing quality, cost and on-time delivery of production customer products.
- Responsible for driving the continuous improvement and managing company’s inventory, scrap, warranty plans, operations budgets and objectives.
- Ensures all manufacturing projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives.
- Directs the process of the release to manufacturing of new products according to business needs and strategic plan.
- Leads new process development efforts in a multi-disciplinary team environment, including research, analysis, and definition of requirements, design of solutions that work within time and cost constraints, implementation, test and release
- Identifies technical and non-technical operations risks, taking appropriate measures to mitigate them and follow-up the as the situation evolves
- Leads the lean and six sigma processes for continuous improvement
- Identifies, prioritizes with the rest of the Management team and resolves product customer and manufacturing problems.
- Leads efforts to develop tools and techniques for improving operational efficiency.
- Responsible for the development of Capital Equipment and Operating budgets for Taunton manufacturing.