A rewarding opportunity for a PLC Engineer has become available with established and growing organisation based in the Walsall area of Birmingham. As the PLC Engineer you will join a team of professional engineers in the design and development of bespoke automation and control solutions for special purpose machinery.
The role will require the successful applicant to design and develop control and automation solutions through PLC Programming, especially using Siemens PLC’s and TIA Portal.
You will be responsible for all aspects of specifying electrical control, hardware and software required to automate special purpose machines and test equipment, from design through to commissioning.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Proven PLC & HMI programming experience
- Experience of Siemens PLC’s – especially Siemens and Mitsubishi
- TIA Portal & WinCC experience
- Commissioning and validation of software
- Knowledge of industrial communications – Profibus, Ethernet, etc.
- Circuit design and validation
- Good working knowledge & integration of servo motors & drives
- Project planning and able to meet deadlines
As the successful PLC Engineer, you will be responsible for seeing projects through their full lifecycle, from initial requirements through design, development, and commissioning. The role will suit someone who enjoys communicating with key stakeholders and playing a key role in project delivery.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please apply with you latest CV to Steve Powell at Premier Engineering.
Premier Engineering is the Engineering division of Premier Group Recruitment.
Key Skills; Controls Engineer, Electrical Engineer, PLC Engineer, EC&I Engineering, PLC Programming, Automation & Control.