Job Type: Permanent
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Salary: £40K - £65K DOE
Industry: Off Highway
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a world leading manufacturer of Off Highway Machinery. Due to a recent restructure new opportunities have arisen within the engineering divisions. We are currently recruiting for a Principal Electrical Controls Engineer to join at this exciting time on a permanent basis.
Hours of Work:
Mon -Thurs 08.30-12.30 13.00–17.00 (Plus Flex)
Friday 08.30 - 14.00 (Plus Flex)
Purpose of Role:
To lead & provide electrical and software design capability to engineering activities/projects assigned to UK design engineering centre.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Being responsible for generation and delivery of concept and manufacturing design definitions, based on technical specifications, requirements relevant standards, and other constraints
- Being responsible for the conceptual development for new product
- Participate in developing and maintaining relevant engineering processes and procedures
- Supporting the identification of business opportunities
- Problem solving on existing products and product improvement
- Being responsible for evaluating technical issues in order to develop proposals for investigations and/or solutions
- Planning, controlling and delivering assigned projects, ensuring requirements are delivered to plan, budget and costs
- Preparing and delivering progress reports against project plans
- Working alongside the customer on new and existing product development ensuring delivery of solutions to meet the customer’s requirements
- Keeping up to date in relevant technical areas, developing skills and capabilities, and giving support and expertise to others as required
- Actively participate in business unit improvement activities
- Where required, to manage engineers in both work activities and personal development
- ECAD user
- Ability to create detailed Schematic and harness drawings.
- Excellent fault finding skills.
- Team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Have a hands-on approach to Engineering Design and development.
Desirable Key Skills
- ZUKEN E3 user
- Understanding of J1939 CAN and vector canalyzer.
- Controller and HMI software programming with Parker Iqan, C++, CoDeSys or similar.
- Experience in gaining EMC and ISO13849 compliance
Education and Training
Minimum - Electrical Degree/HND or suitable Electrical engineering design experience
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!